About Nicki de Villiers
BDietetics (UP), Postgrad Dipl Diet (UP), Postgrad Diploma in Sport Nutrition (IOC),
Higher Cert Exerc Sci (UP), MDietetics (UP)
Nicki de Villiers is a registered Dietitian with 23 years of experience with a special interest in sports nutrition. Her private practice is situated at the High Performance Centre in Pretoria with a satellite office in Garsfontein.
Significant projects and contracts
Head dietititian at the High Performance Center at University of Pretoria consulting to various sport academies, Olympic athletes and visiting teams. Part-time lecturer at University of Pretoria in the departments of human nutrition, sport science, physiology, medicine and biokinetics.
- Lions Rugby Union
- Orlando Pirates Football Club
- Consumer Education Project of Milk SA
- Comrades Marathon Association
- Body Genius and Nuvida Wellness Programs
Guest-lecturer at North West University.
- Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club
- Consulting to Blue Bulls Rugby Union
- Ithuseng football project
- Gary Player school of excellence
- Matchpoint tennis foundation
Nicki’s sport accolades are just as impressive. She was awarded her National colours for Basketball in 1999, where she captained South Africa for 11 years. She received provincial colours in various other sporting codes at school. She is currently an enthusiastic mountain biker. Other hobbies include academic research, travel and reading.
Nicki’s academic interests are behaviour change, weight management, diabetes, cholesterol, intestinal disbiosis and sport nutrition, including endurance – , power – and weight making sport. She works with athletes or active people at any level of performance to help all towards their best performance.
- Nutritional assessment and support for athletes at all levels in all phases of training and competition
- Individualised diets based on comprehensive assessment
- Development of nutritional strategies to team sports
- Workshops and talks
- Discovery Vitality Nutrition Assessments
- Menu coordination for individual athletes and teams during travelling and training camps
- Writing of educational material