Individual consultations concentrate on individual needs incorporating specific dietary and lifestyle patterns to ensure sustainable behaviour change to achieve individual goals. Skype, telephonic and electronic consultations are available.
All fees are contracted in according to medical aid rates. Individual consultations concentrate on individual needs incorporating specific dietary and lifestyle patterns to ensure sustainable behaviour change to achieve individual goals. Skype, telephonic and electronic consultations are available.
Nutritional advice and eating plans for the following:
- Sports and exercise nutrition
- Weight loss
- Raised cholesterol levels
- Raised blood pressure
- Intestinal disbiosis and irritable bowel syndrome
- Food allergies and intolerances
- General health
The first consultation (1 hour) is aimed at a comprehensive nutritional assessment to support individualized goal setting and dietary advice.
The follow up consultations (30 minutes) are used for monitoring and evaluation of dietary adjustments and progress. The number of follow-up appointments and time between appointments differ according to individual goals and will be discussed throughout the process.
Discovery Vitality Points
All Vitality members that see a Registered Dietitian and submit a claim, will earn 1 000 points for their first dietitian visit of the year. The Vitality points can also be secured with a 40 minute follow-up consultation where the dietitian will work with you to set individualised dietary goals. Measures of your weight, height and waist circumference will be taken.
Body Composition Analysis
Body composition can be assessed using bioelectrical impedence or skinfolds to determine body fat percentage or sum of skinfolds. The service is offered as a separate assessment if dietary advice is not requested. The process takes approximately 10 – 30 minutes. It is most accurate when tested in the morning, before eating and training.
Sport nutrition consultations
- Nutrient adequacy; such as Carbohydrate, Fat, Protein, Micronutrient levels; Ca, Fe, Zn, Vit C etc. and Antioxidant density
- Pre- and post-training eating patterns
- Timing of carbs/protein intake related to training stage
- Food variety checks
- Supplement analysis
- Consideration of medical issues such as diabetes, anemia, eating disorders, food allergies
- Strategies for skinfold reduction
- Psychology of eating
- Nutrition planning to meet requirements of weights training program
- Recipe ideas
- Dietary periodization
- Preparation, such as Carbohydrate loading and Hydration
- Single day vs multi day events
- Eating on the road, e.g. Local, Interstate and Overseas travel
- Daily fluid needs for body size
- Training hydration strategies
- Fluid types and effect on hydration status
- Weight and height (BMI)
- Waist Hip Ratio (WHR)
- Skinfold testing
- Girth measurements
- Implementation of Nutrition Systems
- Supplement evaluations
- Recovery Strategies
- Nutrition support for Team travel
- Nutrition research
- Group education sessions
- Hydration testing
- Shopping tours
- Cooking classes
- Attendance at training